Friday, May 22, 2009

Stage 34 - Sjövik

After a monster buffet breakfast on the ship, we disembarked to be greeted by cheering crowds, cameramen and the press. They were actually covering the story about the two Swedish army guys, but we got to bask in some reflected glory...until it was time to set out in the cold and pouring rain. Skies were grey and leaden all day, with some heavy downpours thrown in. Luckily, I'd grabbed my Goretex jacket just before the start. An absolute lifesaver today.

We left Gothenburg by bike path, and followed nice peaceful trails for just over 30 miles to this little camp of cabins by a very Swedish lake.

My running's definitely improving, despite the fact that I'm working on cold #2. I'm much happier with shorter stages like we've had for the last 3 days, so the next couple of days of 50+ miles will be the real test.

2 comments:

Claire said...

'so the next couple of days of 50+ miles will be the real test'

and the last 34 have not been a real test? LOL

muna said...

I guess you finally warmed up! :) Great work out there, Russell.