Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Stage 53 - Jokkmokk

About 5 miles before today's finish in Jokkmokk, we crossed the Arctic Circle. A Scotsman asked me to take his photo, and then reciprocated. The irony in the photo is the singlet I'm wearing. After freezing further south, we suddenly hit nice temperatures in the Arctic today! Mosquitoes were out in force too, but my repellent is thankfully working well.

Tomorrow is another daunting 60-miler to Gållivare; once we're past that, the last 10 day countdown begins. I confess that I'm ready to be done, as is everyone else I speak to. There are too many hours alone on the road each day when your mind turns to missed loved ones and creature comforts.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

60-miler...piece of cake! If you bump into Santa put in a good word for me. Txx