Sunday, June 14, 2009

Reindeer lasagne

When I saw dinner set out tonight, I jokingly said: "Looks like we're having reindeer lasagne." It was in fact just that. And delicious. The rich meat and carbs were appreciated all round - the perfect multiday running food.

The food and the people in Sweden have been great. But the dismal weather, absence of wildlife (except mosquitoes), and the apparent lack of anything much to see or do has left it low on my list of "places I want to go back to". My expectations for Finland and Norway are not set any higher, but I will be delighted to see them both.

5 comments:

muna said...

You're staying so strong, Russ. That must feel really good. I wonder...will the next stage offer mosquito lasagna?

MW said...

let me know if the finns try and feed you vodka for dinner!
you are rockin' it!

Claire said...

Penne Pasta with Vodka sauce...nom nom nom...I'll put that on my list of foods to fatten you up! Thanks Mike for the vodka idea!

Unknown said...

Did you get the recipe for the reindeer lasagne? You might want too make it some day when you get nostalgic for your trek across Europe. You're so close, Russ! Keep going!

Kami K. said...

Heat index in Corpus Christi has been over 100 for the past few days. On Sunday morning, while running 8 miles alongside the bay, we stopped whining about the heat & humidity when I told the group about your daily long runs in cold rain, sleet, & snow!

Enjoy the “quick” tour of Finland!