Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The race

Here's the incredible 29 year old race leader Rainer Koch from Germany blasting past me on the E45. He's a 2hr38 marathoner; here, he has averaged 3hr30 marathon pace the entire way. He is friendly and modest, and a deserving champion.

Hiroko Yohihama is still leading the women's race, but is struggling with bad leg injuries. It is painful to see her hobbled each day now.

I've moved up to 32nd place overall, which is where I'll likely remain if I'm lucky and have no big problems. This minor improvement is unfortunately not due to another gear I've found, but rather to injury problems of others who were once faster than me.

1 comment:

Mark said...

"blasting past me"
Heehee, so you were ahead of him? :-)

Incredible, Russ. Here's to that other gear you've found.