Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Heading to the start...

I'm scheduled to leave Austin today, arriving in London tomorrow morning at 7am. Nothing hurts today, and thankfully the tube strike is over, so I'll be able to visit my parents and make my connection on to Berlin with less travel misery. Two wonderful things yesterday - a waterstop themed party at my company Hoover's to send me smiling on my way, and a "care package" of logowear from my friends at Rogue Running. Before that, on Sunday night, a delicious meal with our ultra swimming friends, David & Leslie Blanke. Thanks, everyone! And last night, my last pair of Asics arrived courtesy of UPS - a good omen, surely?

10 comments:

Paul M. said...

Results of my Google of Good Luck in German: "Break a leg!"? Well, in German the saying is even more gruesome: "Halsund Beinbruch!"("Break your neck and a leg!").

Beware of Germans yelling "Halsund Beinbruch".

Helen Yang said...

We're cheering for you here at Hoovers! Val said it perfectly yesterday when she said that you are an inspiration both in your work life and personal life. Best of luck on your German adventure. Don't forget to have fun!

Anonymous said...

All the hard work coming to fruition Russ - if it didn't hurt you wouldn't know you were doing it - get stuck in

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Russell. You're the MAN!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, I changed my name to Anonymous. Signed Anonymous (or the QA rock star formerly known as Beth)

Anonymous said...

This will be much easier than it would have been a few years ago as you won't have to pole-vault over the Berlin wall during the run.

We are cheering you on and your dedication continues to inspire us! I look forward (sort of) to the foot pictures

ant said...

Go Russell GO!

Jack and Alice Dot Com said...

Go Russell Go. Plant a RunTex flag on the Lindenstrasse.

Jack London (Guy down the street and I also see you on the trail.

Anonymous said...

Go get 'em Russ!

Rob L. said...

Gute Reise! (At least I *think* that means have a good trip -- forgive me if it's something nasty, I never took German)