Sunday, April 01, 2012

Two weeks until Ultra Trace St Jacques

After today's run, I spent a happy couple of hours looking at course maps and determining where the big climbs will be.  The answer is: everywhere.  450 miles of some very hilly terrain.  Hopefully last weekend's marathon over the South Downs and some daily mileage now around the Chilterns will be adequate preparation.   I am planning a very slow and careful start.
We've had a couple of weeks of excellent running weather, with skies bluer than I can ever remember in March in England.  Hopefully my travel plans will not get derailed by petrol shortages or industrial action.  Luckily I'm a vegetarian and thus not impacted by Pastygate.  Grandbaby #3 has moved from a March baby to an April one, and is still refusing to put in an appearance.


No comments: