Monday, July 23, 2012

Stage 3 - Orléans Océan

The wonky hip decided to cooperate more today, provided I alternated running and walking. Because of very high temperatures - not a cloud in the sky and very light breezes - and the longest stage (46 miles) this was not a bad plan.

With this slow forward progress, I made it to the marathon point in 4hr 36min, and shuffled home in fourth place again in about 8hr 30. I nearly ran out of water a couple of times - extremely worrying - but an aid station showed up just in time as I'd drained the last drop of water from all my bidons. I'd even tried turning on a few taps in front gardens where the owners were not in evidence, but they were all turned off.

It was a long, hot day but as usual very easy on the eye:






Here's where we're staying tonight, in Candes St Martin:


Spectacular! But I of course am lying down in my tent, resting my legs in anticipation of another 37 miles tomorrow.

Location:L'Étang,Brissac-Quincé,France

1 comment:

Vivi said...

Bravisso ;-) continue comme ça !!!! Big singing hugs...