Sunday, July 22, 2012

Stage 2 - Orléans Océan

My time on the "podium" was short lived, due to problems with a painful right hip which caused me to walk quite a bit today. My third place overall has quicly sunk to fourth, as Vincent, Patrick and Renaud are all running well. (Today's first marathon took me 4hr 22min, compared to 4hr flat yesterday.) But I used the slower pace to take in the scenery and snap a few photos. It was another beautiful day on a superb course.

The day was filled with chateaux, bateaux, sunflowers and vignobles, most especially the winery at Vouvray, whose output was a regular tipple while we lived in Tulsa.












This is a superb race with a great friendly atmosphere. Dominique and Annie should be very proud!




Location:Rue du Saule Michaud,Montlouis-sur-Loire,France

1 comment:

Christian Marti said...

Could it be that the root cause for the 22 minutes is not the hip but a generous dégustation de vin at the winery?
I wish you fast recovery and a lot of fun the next stages.