Friday, July 20, 2012

Ah, the glamour

As I arrived at the first stage campsite on the outskirts of Orléans, race directors Dominique and Annie Chaillou gave me a very warm welcome and some delicious lunch, although I politely declined their offers of wine and beer. They have done a wonderful job of getting this brand-new race off the ground. The two tentes Barnum - one for food and one for sleeping - are unique, but I have opted for solitary splendor in my own tent, so that I may keep annoying snoring to myself.


A celebratory drink and welcome dinner is coming shortly, to be followed by a (hopefully) dry night and sunny morning. The view of the Loire from my tent is superb. I'm ready to go! But of course doucement, doucement...



Next to the finish banner each day is a bell that the runners ring to signify their finish. A nice touch. I'm sure I will enjoy ringing that bell on several occasions.

Here's Annie with my friend (and race leader for the longer Loire Intégrale race) Hervé Rozec, a strong and intelligent runner:


He's looking very fit after 10 days' running at 10km/hr + pace.

Location:Rue Gaston Deffie,Saint-Pryvé-Saint-Mesmin,France

No comments: