Monday, August 20, 2012

Trans Europe Footrace 2012 stage 2

The runners have now negotiated about 3% of their journey to Gibraltar, after an increasingly warm day on the Jutland peninsula. I was sad to bid them all farewell on the road today, as I cycled off to Aalborg and towards home. Some were looking very good, some are already distinctly appearing to suffer. An uncomfortable night on a gym floor and this morning's 4 a.m. wake-up call vividly reminded me of the depressing emotional lows of transcontinental stage running. I have some twinges of regret that I'll not reach Gibraltar with them, but I am very happy that I'm not going to be reliving this morning in Groundhog Day fashion for the next nine weeks.

Here's yesterday's start line in Skagen, with race director Ingo Schulze on the right and my friend Christian Marti on the extreme left:


And some friends Robert Wimmer (Germany), Trond Sjåvik (Sweden), Jean-Benôit Jaouen (France) and Neil Bryant (UK). Best of luck, gentlemen!













And finally...a photo from the center of Aarhus. They do love their bikes here!



Location:Aarhus, Denmark

No comments: