Wednesday, July 28, 2010

LEAH - After Stage 4

What a difference a good night's sleep makes. I'd had a bit of a down day yesterday due to what seemed like endless bike issues. But today was better even though I started out changing a flat and adjusting the gear shifting. The route was fantastic and I was so happy to meet Claire and Russ at the aid stations, though they needed very little from me. If you didn't know they were on the fourth ultra in so many days you'd have though they were taking an easy spin around Ladybird Lake. One of the highlights for me was going through the marshes and seeing the cormorants...a magical moment. Oh, and seeing the whole gaggle of German schoolkids, all out for a ride on the radweg. It was fantastic day, sure to be topped by tomorrow's finish. I'll be celebrating for not just Claire and Russ but all these folks I feel I've come to know along the way. Good times!

No comments: