Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Orléans - Océan day 4

Another longish (64km = 40 miles) day done for both of us. Claire resumed and completed another ultra, but this time had to deal with back problems which reduced her to walking to the finish line. I hope - no, I insist - that she sits out tomorrow's longer stage. What is it that Hindus say about pain moving around the body?

My run was unspectacular but good enough to keep me in second place. I'm feeling tired tonight - not surprising after running 150 miles in four days though. Christian continues to look strong in first place; unless he develops an injury, I won't catch him. Thierry is still in third, and had a much better day; he would've finished ahead of me today if he hadn't taken a wrong turning at 35km. Yvonnick is in fourth, but probably can't make up the time he lost on stage 1. All super-nice gentlemen to be competing with.

Just 2.5 days to go, when we will see the Atlantic Ocean. Rest after that will be very much appreciated.





Location:Chemin de Halage,Ste.-Gemmes-sur-Loire,France

No comments: