Friday, October 19, 2012

Suffolk, England

Eight days from now, I will be back in England, running a half-marathon along coastal paths, trails and roads in Suffolk, then afterwards speaking at the Live More Lectures organized by the nice folks at Endurancelife.  I really like the concept of tacking these lectures on to races. All too often, we travel to events, run, and then leave straight away.  If we're lucky, we might meet one or two new people hanging around at the start or finish, but that's usually it. The lectures allow us to spend more relaxed time in the company of like-minded people, while hearing some great tales of challenge and adventure.  It seems a shame not to get this kind of post-race, inspirational spin-off benefit.

I spent all my growing up years in Hertfordshire, which is a mere 50 miles away beyond Essex.  I've been back there a lot in recent years, but amazingly I have no clear memory of ever having been to Suffolk. It's terra incognita.  I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: