Friday, October 26, 2012

An English county new to me

I find myself at a lovely Suffolk B&B, having just finished a cup of tea and piece of cake provided by my very nice landlady called Pat. I spent the afternoon nosing around coastal villages; sights ranged from the Sizewell nuclear power plant which is right by the bird sanctuary through which we run tomorrow...


...to the Wenhaston "Doom", a church painting dating back to 1500 or so. It was discovered a while back when a pile of whitewashed boards were thrown out of the church. The rain subsequently revealed this amazing depiction of the process of entering heaven or hell:


This is a lovely tranquil spot; it seems quite remote despite being less than 100 miles from London. I'm looking forward to running along the coastal paths and through the ferny forests I've seen today. Unfortunately for me, cold, windy weather is predicted, but maybe with a little sunshine thrown in?

Location:Hall Road,Wenhaston,United Kingdom

No comments: