Saturday, November 05, 2011

Racing Miles

This morning my friend Matt was talking about Randy Ellis, a local runner who surpassed a very creditable 5,000 race miles during our Midnight Madness 50-miler in Tulsa this summer. He asked me how many miles I've run in races, which got me wondering...I don't keep great reliable records of such stuff, but I can account for at least 6,148 miles of racing:
* 4,819 miles of stage races;
* 319 miles of other ultras;
* 27 marathons and over 300 miles of miscellaneous shorter distance races, courtesy of athlinks.com (my new favorite running site).

Training miles? Absolutely no idea...but if I conservatively estimate 15 miles per week for the 30 years I've been running, I'd end with another 23,400 miles.

So I'm nearly at 30,000 miles. More than once around the planet. Whew!

1 comment:

ant said...

My brother asked me "30K miles? Does this mean his warranty is almost expired?"