Friday, February 05, 2010

Tulsa time?


Claire and I are getting ready to run together for two days at the end of February in Tulsa, OK. February 27 is the inaugural Tulsa Running Club Post Oak Lodge Marathon, and February 28 is the 50K, both on trails. Tulsa seems like a great running community, and this race is being wonderfully planned and organized. Claire's running long and strong every week now; I'll be trying to keep up with her with my gimpy right leg, while saving some energy for speaking at the pasta dinners.

2 comments:

John Goble said...

Mr Secker,
You probably don't remember me, My name is John and I ran the TRC Post Oak 50K. I had the pleasure of sitting at your table for the dinner that Saturday night. I just finished reading your book and it was awesome. You are incredible. I could not imagine running that many miles everyday like you did. You are truly an inspiration. Tulsa was my first ultra and 3 weeks after Boston I will be doing a 50 miler. When I get to the point in that run where I'm hurting I will be thinking of the insanity that you went through. It should make what I'm doing seem like a stroll in the park. I just wanted to let you know I really enjoyed your book and the opportunity to meet you

Russell Secker said...

It was great meeting you in Tulsa, John, and glad you enjoyed the book! Wow, excellent performance in Sunday's 50K. (I might've finished closer to you if I hadn't gotten so hopelessly lost on the course!) Enjoy your well-deserved "victory lap" in Boston.
Never quit!
Russ