Thursday, September 08, 2005

Reflecting back...


Definitely the hardest thing I've ever done in my life physically. Running injured is always tough, and 40 miles a day isn't the best "rest cure"! I wish I could have run more consistently. It was not to be - but finishing was an achievement given the state of my shins and ankles for the middle 10 days of the race.

Jean-Benoit (race director) and all the volunteers were simply fantastic - impossible without them. 18 days of superb organization and support.

There was tremendous spirit between the competitors. Everyone was pulling for everyone else. 24 starters, 24 finishers - a unique occurence in ultrarunning? I miss my fellow sufferers, now we've gone our separate ways in life.

And finally, thanks to everyone - family, co-workers, friends - for the great support. I couldn't have completed without the positive thoughts coming at me from afar. An unforgettable experience.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, congratulations. Great posts and great work on the race. What an impressive accomplishment!

Hope to meet you at a race some day. What will you do next?